Games, videos, quizzes, animation, quotes and a buncha other bits and pieces ... all within an outer layer of gamelike mechanics: you get levelled up, and achievements, for digging around in all the stuff.
It's about resilience: how to feel good when life chucks you lemons. How to be better at thinking positively. How to cope with (and learn to love) failure. I'm really pleased with this, because I think it's ultra key for our target audience of 14+ teens.
Somethin Else and Preloaded created and built this, with added input from Coney and Margaret Robertson. The best bit is, poking around in here and playing these games, watching these vids: it's all officially good for you ;-)
1. Android is going to be glorious. Apple has fucked up, this year, bigtime.
2. Facebook games that are designed to push your "addiction" buttons (c.f. Farmville) rather than your general-enjoyment buttons may make money in the short term - and are training wheels for the gaming masses - but will backfire on their creators over the long term. Like pop-up ads. "Ugh".
3. There is yet another giant gaming supernova in our near future, somewhere. The speed of success these days is extraordinary (and the speed of crashes, too: like Bebo). Like giant waves. Lots of paddling too fast at the last minute to attempt to get on.
4. Romance/love, the genre, is spectacularly underexplored.
5. It's finally - finally - time to buy a PS3. Joe Danger! LBP2!
In case you've been wondering why I've been quiet recenly, it's because we have three products launching in July, and another two in September, one in October, another at winterval, and today and tomorrow we're going through 160 proposals for our 2011 slate (up from 70 last year, and 35 in year 1 of C4 education's rebirth). I am fuelled, these days, only by coffee and regular electrical jolts. Bride of Frankenstein, with hair to match.